You will be considered to have read and accepted these terms and conditions, including any changes, each time you use the website. We reserve the right to change or modify these terms and conditions, or the content or design or user interfaces of this website, at any time without notice and at our discretion.
Your use of this website
Information and content on this website are intended for general information only and do not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by us. Such information and content are not intended to be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision, nor are they intended to address any particular requirements of any individual situation. You acknowledge that the final responsibility for the judgements you make and for any decisions or acts that flow from them remain your full responsibility. If you have any doubts about your legal situation or obligations, for example as a tenant or a landlord, you should seek professional advice.
You must not use the website or our services:
- in violation of any applicable law or regulation;
- in violation of any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights, whether belonging to us or to any third party;
- in a way which violates the privacy or other personal rights of adults (including the disclosure of any contact information of any person without their written permission);
- is any unlawful, abusive, threatening, harassing, obscene, libellous, offensive, sexist, racist or discriminatory way;
- to cause a nuisance, inconvenience or anxiety to any person;
- in any way which impersonates another person, or misrepresents your title or connection with any person or entity;
- in any way which deliberately or recklessly prejudices the reputation of the Company
- to copy, download, publish or distribute any content or information for any purpose not authorised by these terms and conditions;
- in a way that breaches or attempts to breach the security of the website (including but not limited to: unauthorised log-ins, unauthorised data access or deletion; interfering with the service, system, host or network; reverse engineering of any kind; spamming; hacking; falsifying data; introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other destructive or damaging programs or engines; or testing security in any way);
- involves any ‘intelligent agent’ software, spider, scraper, engine or other device to search or navigate the Site;
- for any commercial or business purposes, except where you have registered with the website in a business capacity and that registration is currently valid and in force.
In addition to the above, when using the website as a registered user, you agree:
- where you use the website to contact individuals, that you have their consent to do so and that you will only contact them for the purposes for which they have consented;
- to immediately cease contacting any individual who requests you to do so, and to ensure that such individual is not contacted again, whether intentionally or not;
- that all registration information you provide will be true, accurate, current and complete, and that you will keep it up-to-date;
- that you will keep your registration details, and especially your password, secure and not disclose them to any other person;
- that you are responsible for all activity carried out using your registration details, whether or not you have allowed or facilitated it. If you discover or suspect that your registration details are known by a third party or are being used without authorisation, you must tell us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- that all information and/or content you upload or post to or send via the website is entirely your responsibility;
Subject to any conditions specific to any service we offer, you may read, print and download parts of the material and information on the website for your private, non-commercial use or use in the ordinary course of the your profession, but you may not make any profit from the use of that material or information nor republish, disseminate or transmit any of it, or exploit it for any commercial purpose, or make any derivative work, or copy it for any other purpose without first obtaining our written permission, or that of the rights owner. To seek permission please contact: email@example.com.
We reserve the right to remove our content without notice from this website. We do not undertake to keep or make available any content provided by us, for any length of time and you are advised to make a copy of any material that you wish to keep.
You agree to indemnify us in respect of any loss, damage, claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of this website and/or our services, any content or information you upload or post to or send via this website, and your breach of these terms and conditions, whether or not you register with this website.
We will not become involved in any disputes between users. However, where you consider that any user’s actions or behaviour may be unlawful, harmful or disturbing, or may breach any of terms and conditions of this website, you should contact us so that we may, in our sole discretion, take such action as we consider necessary.
You agree that in the event that a dispute arises between you and another user(s), the Company will not become involved or mediate and will have no liability of any kind in connection with such dispute.
The services on this website are intended for use by residents of the United Kingdom, and may not be appropriate for use by residents of other jurisdictions.
This website and any intellectual property belonging to or associated with us, including any trade mark or trade name, logos and software, and all content on the website (including, but without limitation, text, graphics, videos, music, sound and links) is and remains at all times our property and/or is used under licence from our affiliates and is protected under international treaty provisions and world-wide copyright laws and you agree that you will not infringe any such rights in any way. Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, none of our intellectual property nor any content of the website may be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or downloaded in any way without our prior written consent.
Our liability for matters in relation to which liability by law cannot be excluded or limited shall not be excluded or limited and the rest of this ‘Our liability’ section is subject to this proviso.
We provide the website on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. All conditions, terms, represntations and warranties that are not expressly stated in these terms and condition, whether oral or in writing or whether imposed by statute or operation of law or otherwise, including, without limitation, the implied warranty of satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby excluded.
We give no warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations in relation to the website:
- as to the completeness, accuracy or currency of any advice, information or other content contained on or sent or received from the website or any website to which it is linked;
- of any particular result or outcome of using the website;
- that the website and the server that makes it available will be error- or virus-free or free of other harmful components or that your use of the website or your access to your account or our services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will (i) not cause damage to any property, or (ii) not contain any computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms.
The website may contain content and/or links to third-party websites submitted and created by advertisers and other third parties. We do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including without limitation goods or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence arising out of the use of or reliance on any such goods or services available on such external websites or resources. You agree not to hold us liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any dealings with them.
You understand and acknowledge that material submitted by other users is the sole responsibility of the person from which such material originated. We exclude all liability for any illegality, loss or damage arising from such material, or any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in such material.
The website may contain technical inaccuracies and typographic or photographic errors. The content may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the website up-to-date or liability for any failure to do so.
We exclude all liability for any loss, claim, expenses or damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of reputation, opportunity or goodwill or other indirect, consequential or economic losses) directly or indirectly arising out of the use or inability to use the website or our services or out of any third party’s use of the website. In addition, we exclude all liability for any content or material appearing on or sent from the website, including without limitation, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted or otherwise made available via the website. If you are dissatisfied with the website or any of its content, your sole remedy is to discontinue your use of the website.
These terms and conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with Scottish law and any dispute or question in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.